March 31, 2020
Dear families, I am so proud of how much effort you and your Warriors have given over the past two days! Overall, we have 98.5% participation for the first days of our tele-learning adventure. This is amazing – keep up the excellent work! We are looking for 100% participation. We are not willing to leave any Warrior behind.
Just a few reminders:
- The daily check in the way we can count you as “present” for tele-learning and will be used for attendance purposes starting tomorrow, Wednesday, April 1. This is a non-negotiable and should be completed every day.
- If you receive notification that your student was absent for one day, it is because they did not complete the daily check in. Attendance tracking will be entered for Monday tomorrow.
- While participation in tele-learning can occur at various time of the day, it is not optional. If your family has barriers to accessing online content, please let us know how we can help.
- If your student is accessing online learning at varied times due to family schedules, we understand the challenges this can bring. Please communicate with your child’s teacher so that we can update our attendance records accordingly.
- If your student is enrolled as a Warrior, the expectation is that they are participating in tele-learning. We are here to support you.
As I shared yesterday in the COVID update related to school closures through May 1, 2020, I expect that the instructional expectations and time devoted to learning each day will increase beginning next week. As I learn more and work with our team, I will be in touch base with you again prior to Monday to explain Phase 2 of Tele-Learning for our Warriors.
Parents, Grandparents, and Caregivers – you are doing an amazing job! Thank you for your partnership! Together, we are better!
Additional Information Links:
Tele-Learning Family-Update Letters
- 04/22/20 Tele-Learning Update 7 – click here
- 04/22/20 Tele-Learning Update 6 – click here
- 04/03/20 Tele-Learning Update 5 – click here
- 03/31/20 Tele-Learning Update 4 – click here
- 03/27/20 Tele-Learning Update 3 – clickhere
- 03/24/20 Tele-Learning Update 2 – click here
- 03/22/20 Tele-Learning Update 1 – click here