Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
One of the concerns that has come up is the safety of the children while on the Imagine South Lake campus, especially during arrival and dismissal. Please see the following new procedures for arrival and dismissal so that we may ensure the safety of everyone.
- Please remember to drive slowly on campus.
- Please refrain from using your cell phone while in the car line or parking lot.
- Please do not enter the parking lot near the front of the property where the signs say do not enter. This opening is for exiting traffic only.
- Please remember that we have students whose parents have requested that they walk to and from school which means they will be crossing the front entrance to the school, across Hartwood Marsh Road or across Hancock Road.
We would always want you to feel welcome on campus, and we very much appreciate the volunteers who come in the mornings to help our teachers and staff.
- During arrival in the morning, the most efficient way to drop off your child at school remains the car line or bus transportation (for those students confirmed as AM bus riders). Students can arrive in their classrooms as early as 8 a.m. If students need to eat breakfast, they may proceed directly to Imagine Hall.
- If you would like to walk your child to class or volunteer in the morning, the parking lot will be open for parking. Please avoid blocking other cars in the parking lot. Also, please use the marked crosswalk to cross the bus lane in the front of the school and the marked crosswalk to cross the car line on the side of the school. Also use appropriate pedestrian safety in the parking lot.
- For safety reasons we are asking that you please do not drop your children off in the parking lot and allow them to walk up unescorted.
- If students arrive BEFORE 8:00am they must go to Imagine Hall and be signed into the Extended Care program. For more information on this fee-based program, please check with the office.
- Both car rider line and bus line will be monitored with staff members.
- Please use the designated car line during the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 8:20 a.m. to drop your children off in the morning until the loop is closed and rerouted to the front. Please do not drop your children off in the parking lot at any time. After 8:25 the car rider line will be closed and students will be walked in by their parent through the front to obtain a tardy pass.
Dismissal All students:
- For the afternoon, the cut-off for releasing students from the office remains at 2:15pm, except on Wednesdays at 1:15pm.
- If you wish to change your student’s method of transportation for the day, please send all requests in writing to the teacher. For student safety, we cannot verbally change your list of people designated to pick-up your child.
- Parents please use the crosswalks when walking up to pick up your child(ren). Please remember to bring your hang tag with you to the fence gate located to the right of the office on the kindergarten side of the building.
- Parents may not go to the classroom to pick up children at dismissal or any other time. If you do, you will be asked to go back to the office for the student to be released through Nichole. If it is after 2:15 (1:15 on Wednesday) you will need to wait for dismissal.
- In order to put a child in your car, you must have the hang tag of that student. If you do not have it with you, please go to the office to have them brought to you once you provide proper identification for pick up.
Dismissal Car Riders
- The kindergarten pick up lane will continue to utilize the right lane. These cars are released to the pick-up area at 3:15 p.m. Kindergarten students and their siblings will wait in the pick-up area on the side of the school along the car line. Please do not block traffic on Hartwood Marsh. This line ONLY will move forward at first dismissal.
- Shortly after 3:25 p.m., all the cars in the left lane will merge over to the right lane as they progress to the pick-up area. This allows for the left lane to remain open for parents parking and buses needing to pull to the front of the school. Please refrain from pulling into the school pick up line until there is sufficient room to do so. Blocking the school entrance/exit is a safety concern.
- Please make certain that you have your hang tag visible. Students will not be placed in vehicles without the correct hang tag.
- When we have inclement weather, we will move students into the classrooms along the car rider line area. If lightning is severe, we will hold students in the safety of these classrooms until the storm passes.
- Students who walk to nearby neighborhoods will be released at 3:15pm.
- We hope that you will join us in reiterating the importance of pedestrian safety.
At Imagine South Lake, we are proud to provide bus transportation to our student population. Due to limited space on our buses,transportation is not guaranteed. If you have any questions about our transportation, please call our front desk at 352-243-2960.
- We have significant demand for bus transportation. If you are on the waiting list, please make alternative transportation plans. We will call you if a space opens up.
- Students on our first run buses will be dismissed at 3:15pm.
- Students on our late run buses will wait in designated classroom holding areas until the buses return and an announcement is made for those students to come to the front of the school.
- Either the bus driver or a staff member will be present at each bus as it is loading to confirm that the students boarding the bus are on the list for that bus.
- Students will only be dropped off at their designated stops.
- We also will be enforcing our policy that students in kindergarten through second graded will not be let off the bus without an older sibling with them, or a parent or other adult awaiting them at the drop-off location. Otherwise, for their safety, these students will return to school to be picked up by a parent or adult on their pickup list.